Wednesday 10 April 2013

Black Penny








Last week on a cold and rainy thursday I ventured out to Surry Hills to check out this small and funky bar Black Penny before making my way to The lo-fi collective gallery to see "We're Wolves", but that will be in my next post.
Black penny is one of Sydney's small bars and as soon as I walk in the door I am confronted with a cartoon wall and I love it. A few people are sitting at high tables at the front so I make my way to the bar and sit down to read the drinks list. I order a pear and ginger cider and am informed that this one drink will be the equivalent of three. Lucky I brought a friend along who is the designated driver. The music is quiet chilled back and relaxed and I could stay here for a few more drinks but we have to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment